Our Automation and Control Field Service Technicians are thoroughly trained and experienced in the latest equipment to provide expert assistance in the installation and start-up of your new system, in the shortest period of time and with the least amount of difficulties.
Our pre-installation services are designed to help you achieve the full value of your automation investment. We can help you choose the right technologies for your project, aid in design, and train your staff on programming, maintenance and user procedures.
We use approved method statements and manufacturer recommendations for installing all control and automation equipments.
Site coordination with multiple services and proven methodologies to do installations “Right at First Time” help you to start using your invested assets in least possible time.
- Provide power-up and diagnostic checks on all system components
- Identify and provide all spare parts needed to support a successful start-up
- Verify revision levels if they are appropriate for the configuration and application
- Validate system mounting, routing and connection of wiring, cabinet space and airflow
- Verify system software revision levels
- Provide a complete start-up report with details of customer configuration, topology and serial numbers
Commissioning is often misinterpreted to focus solely on testing during the end of the construction phase. However, commissioning is actually a collaborative process for planning, delivering, and operating buildings that work as intended. ASHRAE (The American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers) defines commissioning as “…the process of ensuring that systems are designed, installed, functionally tested, and capable of being operated and maintained to perform in conformity with the design intent… Commissioning begins with planning and includes design, construction, start-up, acceptance and training, and can be applied throughout the life of the building.” This definition accurately depicts commissioning as a holistic process that spans from pre-design planning to post-construction operation and can be thought of as a checks-and-balances system.
Accordingly, Gruen ensures that the following goals of commissioning are achieved:
- Define and document requirements clearly at the outset of each phase and update through the process
- Verify and document compliance at each completion level
- Establish and document commissioning process tasks for subsequent phase delivery team members
- Deliver buildings and construction projects that meet the owner’s needs, at the time of completion
- Verify that operation and maintenance personnel and occupants are properly trained
- Maintain facility performance across its life cycle