Gruen harnesses the power of the sun along with other renewable energy sources to provide sustainable, effective & efficient solutions for the space we live and work in. It provides cost-effective, needs-specific solutions to sustain energy and in turn create a low carbon future.
Solar Thermal Systems
There are two types of solar thermal systems: passive and active.
- A passive system requires no equipment, like when heat builds up inside your car
when it’s left parked in the sun
- An active system requires some way to absorb and collect solar radiation and then store it
- The benefits are lower energy consumption and also lower monthly energy bills. Furthermore, by installing solar collectors, you are demonstrating your commitment to protecting the climate, by sustainably lowering CO2 emissions
Photovoltaic Solar Systems
A Photovoltaic system (informally, PV system) is an arrangement of components designed to supply usable electric power for a variety of purposes, using the Sun (or, less commonly, other light sources) as the power source. PV systems may be built in various configurations:
- Off-grid without battery (Array-direct)
- Off-grid with battery storage for DC-only appliances
- Off-grid with battery storage for AC & DC appliances
- Grid-tie without battery
- Grid-tie with battery storage